Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Monitoring

So here's what happened with my last visit to the doctor on monday. My appointment was as early as 8:45 a.m. so we were there a lilttle bit earlier than that because it is crazy to find a parking spot. But we got lucky this time cuz we didn't drive round and round the parking space just to look for a spot, We got one right away when one car got off.

So when we got up to our destination, submitted my 24 hrs. urine collection for lab test and they let us in right away. The nurse checked my weight, i'm now weighing 137lbs. then put us in a checking room and she took my blood pressure and it was normal. The medicine they gave me is really a big help in stabilizing my blood pressure. So we thought we won't be spending much time in the clinic but the doctor wants to put me into monitoring again and more blood test. So i got poke again! Yes, i am already immune to needles. Well that's life!

So they monitored my baby's heart rate and my contractions. They said it will only take about 20-30 minutes but since they can't get the acceleration they wanted from my baby's heart rate they prolonged the time. Maybe i was on a monitor for almost an hour then the doctor decided to send me to the labor and delivery. For more monitoring. I'm not giving birth yet! lol! So at the L&D they observed my baby's heart rate. It was normal but they wanted to see some acceleration. Her heart rate base was 145 and they want to see it go up like 150-155 and so on... At that time she was maybe sleeping cuz i know when my baby is active, mornings she's usually sleeping and she is hyper in the afternoon til night and early morning.

They also did an ultrasound for fluid, her reflexes and movement check. Everything was normal and she is perfectly healthy. We were so happy to see our little one again. So we spend 5 hrs in the hospital last monday. We were not expecting that so we were so hungry when we got out. They only gave me some juices and water to take just to awaken my baby a little bit. Good thing she cooperated after a while. She gave them what they wanted. When we got off the hospital my husband and i stop somewhere nearby to eat.

On thursday we will be going back again. Starting this week my doctors visit is already twice a week for a Non-Stress test. Just for monitoring. And the nurese-midwife told us that our baby might come out earlier than the due date. They are still observing if a pre-eclampsia is developing that is why i am going through all these test. I hope and pray that everything is normal.

1 comment:

Gorgeous MUM said...

Hello! I've got something for you HERE!