Friday, April 17, 2009

I Was Left...

in the hospital yesterday after the nurse checked my blood pressure. The doctor talked to me and my hsuband and explained that they need to keep me in the hospital for 24 hours for close monitoring of my blood pressure because it was way elevated. We were not so expecting it! We were not ready. We were just suppose to drop off my 24 hour urine collection and have them check my BP. But because it was way too high the doctors were scared that a preeclampsia might be developing. They also did another lab test of my urine and blood and all the results were normal. What's is so surprising is that i am not feeling any symptoms of it. I remember when i felt my BP went up for the first time it was like 130/90 and i felt sick already. But yesterday it was higher than that. The systolic were ranging from 138-140's and the diastolic were from 98-102. Can you imagine that? and i wasn't feeling anything at all! Everytime they check it was always like that. I don't understand why? It was so weird. Even them find it weird cuz i look perfectly healthy and not showing any signs of it. I wasn't feeling any abdominal pain which is one of the major signs of preeclampsia.


So they put me in a room, monitored my baby's heartbeat and movements. Had ultrasound to measure her and how she is growing and everything looked perfectly fine. She was so active and moving tons. They take my blood pressure from time to time. Draw blood and i wasn't happy with my experience with that. The nurses hands were so heavy. I was poke four times in different spots. And it hurts like hell! I didn't sleep good the whole night because the bed was so stiff and the pillows were uncomfortable. And they keep on waking me up to check my vital signs every four hours. Good thing after they gave me some pills for my BP it went down and gone back to normal. The whole night it was stable. So morning came, the resident doctor came to my room and told me that all my test were normal, my baby is healhty so they can send me home. Whoa! What a relief! Thank God i can go home and get snooze in our soft and comfortable bed. I was like floating when i woke up this morning cuz i barely sleep last night in the hospital. So they fixed evrything, gave me my pescription and i need to collect a 24 hour urine again starting sunday and will be back in the hossy on monday to drop it off and another blood pressure check.


When we got home I called my parents in law cuz they were so worried about me. After that i freshen up and hubby made something for me to eat. then i crawl up in bed and take time to sleep. My neck was so sore from thed pillow in the hospital and until now after many hours of sleep i can still feel it. I still feel like sh*t! I hope i will feel a lot better tomorrow.




4 comments:

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

hi gles, hope u will feel better soon . God bless.

Lulu said...

hope you feel better. take care of the yourself and the baby

Anonymous said...

oh uh don't worry god is in your side and hope yuou feel better soon i pray for you dahil its not good to hear na mataas ang blood preesure mas maganda pa yung mababa kesa mataas hpe nman na maging maayos kalagayan mo.

Lara said...

Take care and God Bless, you are almost close to your due date.